Sunday, September 18, 2011

Perspective.

Sometimes, you have to step outside of youself to gain a new perspective.


Sometimes, things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right.


Sometimes good things fall apart so better things fall together.

I'm sore.. but I can walk.
I'm sore.. but I can talk.
I can feed myself.
I can shower myself.
I can laugh.
I can eat.
I can feel.
I can do hard things.

There are MANY things I CAN do.

I'm hurting, but I'm healing.
I'm sad, but I'm also happy.
I'm slow, but I can walk.

Over two years ago, I fell and banged my knee up pretty bad. The injury itself is gone. The scar remains there.. in its ugly, purple, and blue color.

Over 3 weeks ago, I fell and banged my body up pretty bad. The injury itself is healing. The pain remains there.. in its achy, throbbing way.

"Try stepping outside of yourself and learn from what is going on."

I learned I am a lot stronger that I thought.
I learned that Modern Medicine is amazing.
I learned that there are compassionate people willing to help at all times.
I learned that hospitals are life savers, along with the amazing doctors and nurses in them.
I learned patience.

I am happy.
I am healthy.
I am lucky.
I am blessed.
I am strong.
I am PRO at Mario Kart and Mario Party.
I am grateful.

"I believe everything happens for a reason. Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things fall together."



When life dealt troubled times and had me down on my knees.. There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me.. A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand, a phone call from a friend just to say they understand. I believe there are angels among us, sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me in our darkest hours, to show us how to live, to teach us how to give, to guide us with a light of love.


There is happiness.
There is hope.
There is good.
There is love.
There is life.

The only way to do it is to do it POSITIVELY.



I WILL GET BETTER. I WILL RECOVER. I WILL.



No comments: