Sunday, September 4, 2011

Congratulations, you just broke yourself.






Yep. I broke my back. And injured my left elbow in the process. I'm not sure how my elbow got hurt. In fact, I'm not even sure how I BROKE my back.

We went to JUMP ON IT on saturday and I tried a trick that some boys were doing and I failed miserabaly. The workers offered to call 911 but that is all they could do. The minute I landed on my butt, I knew something was wrong because my butt wasn't hurting.. my back (in between my shoulder blades) was KILLING.

I realized I could feel my arms and legs. I could move with a LOT of pain, and once I got standing I could walk. So, we decided to just take our car and go home first. After a LONG painful 30 minute drive home, my mom met us at the car outside and knew immidiately I needed to go to the ER.

We drove to UVRMC ER and had an AMAZING experience. There were no available seats in the ER waiting room. It was a 4 hour wait. The minute we pulled up, a guy walked out with a wheelchair and helped me out of the car. I got sent to triage and when I told them what happened.. (more like my mom told them because I was in SO much pain I couldn't breathe or talk) they sent me straight back to a room with a collar on my neck.

A few minutes late Dr. Davis (the very nice Er doctor) came in and checked me out. Within an hour the very patient nurses got an IV started and pain meds going. I got a CT scan and my arm x-rayed. Life flight landed like 3 times within an hour and they said it was one of the busiest nights of the year.

I am so grateful for the Doctors and nurses that took care of me! They were so nice, caring and patiend, and very concerned. After I got my CT scan the Ct guy even came in to see how I was doing! They put a splint on my arm and told me my back was broken. Then they tried getting me to set up so I could leave. At this point it was 2:30 and I was still in a decent amout of pain. They wanted to admit me to the hospital for pain control but after one more shot of the GOOD stuff It was bearable and I could go.

Overall, I am so grateful that my broken back expreience went fairly well. It could have been so much worse. I am feeling much better. The CT guy said they always see people that fall at JUMP ON IT and the most recent one was a 19 year old boy who broken his neck and is now a parapalegic. He will never walk again. He is paralized from the neck down. I am extremely lucky and grateful.

I want my mama to know how much I love her for showering me and shaving my legs. For doing my hair and helping me put deoderant on. I love her and my family. I am so grateful for the help and all that they have done for me these past two weeks. I am soooooo grateful for Utah Valley and their kind compassionate employees.

Here are a few pictures to help you get and Idea of what we went through. Even though it wasn't the worst thing in the world, I would never wish any of this to happen to my enemys. It was SOOO painful and scary.






Here are a few pictures of our journey. I know, I look horrible. But Oh well?




What was SUPPOSED to happen.





What happened





Just after we got there.



Finally an IV.



Feelin' good. :)




My beautiful mama. Sleeping.




Sitting up after my arm was splinted.




Feelin much better!




Getting ready to leave.



A week later at the mall. (yes, I went to the mall.) I couldn't lay on the couch for a minute longer.





No comments: